A senior Israeli military official said that the peace proposal being discussed by the US and Iran is a bad deal for Israel.
Ynet reports a senior official in the IDF said that the peace proposal being negotiated between the US and Israel would be “a bad deal for Israel.” The US and Israel started an aggressive war against Iran with a surprise attack on February 28.
The attack ignited a war across the Middle East that raged for five weeks. In early April, Pakistan brokered a ceasefire between the US and Iran that was intended to halt fighting across the region. However, Israel refused to end attacks against Lebanon, and the US imposed a blockade on Iranian ports.
The ceasefire has held for over a month despite frequent violations. Last week, multiple outlets reported that the US and Iran were nearing a memorandum to end the conflict. While the details of the agreement are not public, Iran has stated that it is unwilling to export its stockpile of enriched uranium or to eliminate its nuclear enrichment program.
A senior defense official said Israel fears the deal could amount to “buying temporary quiet at the price of a long-term threat.” A different Israeli official warned Ynet that the deal could leave Iran stronger. “Iran must not emerge strengthened,” a senior IDF official said. “They must not be allowed to come out stronger.”
During the conflict, Iran was able to inflict significant destruction on US bases and allies throughout the region. Additionally, Tehran seized control over the Strait of Hormuz. While Iran has sustained significant destruction, the government and military remain intact and in control of the country.
“The IDF achieved insane military gains in this war,” a senior defense official told Ynet. “Iran is in a difficult position, both militarily and economically, and it must not be allowed to emerge strengthened.”


































