Trump Says No Scheduled Talks With Iran

by | Aug 18, 2026

Trump Says No Scheduled Talks With Iran

by | Aug 18, 2026

p20260817dt 0177

President Donald Trump said the diplomatic efforts to bring the war against Iran to an end have come to a halt. 

“There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect,” the President wrote on Truth Social Tuesday. “The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated. Thank you for your attention to this matter!”

Trump has issued a long list of demands for ending the war, including Tehran’s complete surrender. However, the President has recently stated that his core goal is the elimination of Iran’s nuclear program. 

“The number one Goal is, and always will be, that Iran cannot have, in any way, shape, or form, a Nuclear Weapon,” the President posted on Truth Social Monday. 

Trump is demanding the complete elimination of Iran’s nuclear program. Before the war, Tehran was open to restrictions on its nuclear program that would ensure Iran does not try to develop a nuclear weapon, but has refused to dismantle its enrichment program. 

In June, the US and Iran signed the Memorandum of Understanding that established the framework for negotiations to end the war. However, the US refused to comply with the MOU, and talks ended. Earlier this month, Trump said he was changing his approach to negotiations. 

“We are low-keying it. We are only semi-negotiating with them. We are just watching Iran with its huge inflation and the fact they have no money.” Trump told Axios. “It will work out. It always works out. It’s like a chess game.”

On Tuesday, a US official told Al-Jazeera that the US was having “positive talks” with Iran, but Trump “decided to wait.”

Kyle Anzalone

Kyle Anzalone

Kyle Anzalone is news editor of the Libertarian Institute, opinion editor of Antiwar.com and co-host of Conflicts of Interest with Will Porter and Connor Freeman.

View all posts

Recent Articles

Recent

US Slaps Sanctions on ICC President, Prosecutor

US Slaps Sanctions on ICC President, Prosecutor

The US placed sanctions on two officials with the International Criminal Court (ICC).  On Tuesday, Secretary of State and National Security Adviser Marco Rubio announced that the US would sanction Tomoko Akane of Japan, the ICC president, and Abdoulaye Seye of...

read more
Trump Threats to ‘Bomb the Sh*t Out of Oman’

Trump Threats to ‘Bomb the Sh*t Out of Oman’

President Donald Trump said that the US would attack Oman if Muscat interfered in Washington’s negotiations with Tehran.  Trump told Fox News journalist Trey Yingst: “If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the sh*t out of them.” Muscat has been negotiating with Tehran...

read more

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This