- Jeff Sessions announced that he will look to strip funding from sanctuary cities. [Link]
- The US is boycotting nuclear disarmament talks taking place at the UN. [Link]
- US soldiers in Mosul have started to wear black uniforms to look more like Iraqi counterterrorism forces. [Link]
- Between 200 and 300 additional US soldiers are moving into Mosul to aid in the fight against ISIS. [Link]
- Kurdish forces are working to seize the town of Tabqa from ISIS. The town is near the Tabqa dam, that ISIS warns is near failure. [Link]
- A Kurdish leader says that after Raqqa is freed from ISIS, the people will be allowed to choose how they are governed. The Kurds expect the people of Raqqa will choose to join the Kurdish government. [Link]
- The Trump Administration is considering giving additional aid to the Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting against the Houthi in Yemen. [Link]
On Foreign Policy Focus #19, I discuss the war in Yemen. For over two years, Saudi Arabia has been waging an air war in Yemen with the assistance of the US. The US is also carrying out raids and drone attacks against al-Qaeda. I explain how the US is fighting on both sides of the Yemeni war and how the civilians are suffering. LISTEN HERE!!