On FPF #207, Brian Saady returns to the show to help us understand Colombia. The Colombian government is in the process a peace process to end a decades-long war with the FARC and is in the middle of a presidential election. The first round of voting has narrowed the field, and a new president will be elected Sunday. Brian explains the history of the conflict with the FARC, the role of the US in the civil war, and the current peace agreement. Brian gives his analysis of what the outcome of the election will have on peace in Colombia.
Brian Saady is the author of Rackets and the host of Rackets Podcast. Brian’s books and podcast can be found at his website BrianSaady.com. His articles have been published at AntiWar.com and The American Conservative.
- FPF #133 – The Drug War guest Brian Saady
- InSight Crime
- Americans Quarterly
- Why We Hate FARC and Not the Paramilitaries
- A Familiar Pattern of Violence Could Threaten Colombia’s Peace Process
- What Trump’s Warning Really Means for Colombia
- Trump Pressures Colombia to Reinstate Arial Spraying
- Colombia Arrests FARC Leader on Drug Trafficking Charges