On COI #53, I discuss the UK judge’s ruling against the US extradition request for Julian Assange. The US is seeking Assange to punish him for revealing their war crimes through his media outlet, WikiLeaks. WikiLeaks is critical to exposing government wrongdoing. Julian Assange’s extradition case was critical to free speech and journalism.
The victory may be somewhat more hallow than it appears. The judge ruled in favor of the prosecution on every issue, except that Assange faced a likely suicide risk if he was extradited. The US will likely appeal the ruling and Assange will have a bail hearing on Wednesday.
- YouTube – Conflicts of Interest
- Facebook – Conflicts of Interest
- Twitter – Conflicts of Interest
- Apple Podcast – Conflicts of Interest
Support Our Sponsor
- Visit Paloma Verde and use code PEACE for 25% off our CBD