State Department Approves Military Sale to Ukraine

by | Feb 10, 2026

State Department Approves Military Sale to Ukraine

by | Feb 10, 2026

screenshot 2026 02 10 154611

The White House has notified Congress that it intends to sell $185 million in spare military parts to Ukraine. 

“The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Ukraine of Class IX Spare Parts and related equipment for an estimated cost of $185 million,” a statement from the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) explained. “The Government of Ukraine has requested to buy Class IX spare parts in support of U.S. Army-supplied vehicles and weapon systems.”

The DSCA did not say whether Europe or Ukraine would pay for the parts. European countries have created a fund to buy American weapons for Kiev. The DSCA said the spare parts are an “urgent need” for Ukraine. 

The State Department approved the arms sale that President Donald Trump is attempting to negotiate a settlement to the war in Ukraine. US officials are mediating talks between the Ukrainian and Russian delegations in the UAE. 

On Monday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov suggested the talks were not going well. He said that Moscow views Washington’s current position on ending the war as breaking the agreement made between President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin in Alaska last year. 

Lavrov explained on Tuesday that Russia was unwilling to make any territorial concessions in Ukraine. “The people of Crimea, Donbass, and Novorossiya have expressed their will through referendums,” he said on Tuesday. “We will complete the process of returning these historically Russian lands to their native harbor in full accordance with the aspirations of these people.”

Kyle Anzalone

Kyle Anzalone

Kyle Anzalone is news editor of the Libertarian Institute, opinion editor of Antiwar.com and co-host of Conflicts of Interest with Will Porter and Connor Freeman.

View all posts

Recent Articles

Recent

North Korea Conducts Third Missile Test This Month

North Korea Conducts Third Missile Test This Month

North Korea test-fired several short-range ballistic missiles as the US and South Korea are engaging in war games. The South Korean military reported the North Korean missile test on Thursday. The missile launch occurred after President Trump requested a meeting with...

read more
USS George Washington Arrives in the Middle East

USS George Washington Arrives in the Middle East

US Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that the USS George Washington aircraft carrier strike group had arrived in the Arabian Sea. The USS Washington will replace the USS Abraham Lincoln after multiple reports of horrendous conditions for sailors on the aircraft...

read more

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This