Scott is joined by Kit Klarenberg to discuss an article he wrote about the Bosnian War. The article analyzes some declassified cables from Canadian Peacekeepers that give a window into what was actually happening on the ground. Klarenberg tells the story of the war for those who may be unfamiliar with it. Scott and Klarenberg then dissect some of the myths that persist today and observe a lot of parallels to later interventions, including today’s war in Ukraine.
Discussed on the show:
- “Declassified intelligence files expose inconvenient truths of Bosnian war” (The Grayzone)
- “The Russian Military Unit That Killed Dozens in Bucha” (New York Times)
- “Avoiding a Long War” (RAND)
- “Blinken: Crimea a ‘red line’ for Putin as Ukraine weighs plans to retake it” (Politico)
- “The West’s hardest task in Ukraine: Convincing Putin he’s losing” (CNN)
- “Anatomy of a Coup: How CIA Front Laid Foundations for Ukraine War” (Substack)
Kit Klarenberg is an investigative journalist exploring the role of intelligence services in shaping politics and perceptions. Follow him on Twitter @KitKlarenberg
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjY