Author of “Cover Up at Guantanamo,” Jeffery Kaye joins Scott to discuss his article “The Long-suppressed Korean War Report on U.S. Use of Biological Weapons Released At Last.” Kaye details the use of different biological weapons during the Korean War, including newly confirmed claims that have been suppressed for decades. Kaye then describes the lengths he had to travel to see the evidence of U.S. biological warfare firsthand in his attempt to corroborate different sources. Lastly Scott and Kaye discuss the long history of the U.S. threatening potential whistleblowers of U.S. war crimes and the constant drum beat to war on the part of the establishment.
Jeffrey Kaye is the author of “Cover-up at Guantanamo: The NCIS Investigation into the “Suicides” of Mohammed Al Hanashi and Abdul Rahman Al Amri.” Kaye is a retired psychologist, blogger, and author. Follow him on Twitter @jeff_kaye.
Discussed on the show:
- Sino-Japanese War
- Joseph Needham
- The United States and Biological Warfare: Secrets from the Early Cold War and Korea, by Stephen Endicott and Edward Hagerman
- “Dirty little secrets” (Al Jazeera)
- International Council for Science
- Reid Technique
- Sideshow: Kissinger, Nixon, and the Destruction of Cambodia, by William Shawcross
- John Powell
- “Why the U.S. Government Brought Nazi Scientists to America After World War II” (Smithsonian)
- Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
- “Transcript: President Bush, Part 2” (CBS News)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
Podcast (thescotthortonshow): Play in new window | Download