Aaron Maté discusses the aftermath of the Russia investigation and what it’s revealed about mainstream American journalists. In addition to seriously undermining media credibility, the obsession with possible Russian influence over the president has made it next to impossible for Trump to do anything that might be seen as helpful for Putin, like pulling troops out of Syria or pushing for nuclear detente.
Discussed on the show:
- “07/25/16 – Jeffrey Carr” (The Scott Horton Show)
- Many, Many People, Sites Have Been Good On Russiagate (Foreign Policy Follies)
- “Putin’s Puppet” (Slate)
- “Pentagon Papers” (HISTORY)
- Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign
- “Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence” (The New York Times)
- “3/26/19 Ray McGovern was Right About Russiagate” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Lying Bigot James Clapper Assures World The Russia Narrative He Built Is Legit” (Medium)
- Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
Aaron Maté is a former host and producer at The Real News and writes regularly at The Nation. Follow him on Twitter @AaronJMate.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1KGye7S3pk7XXJT6TzrbFephGDbdhYznTa.
Podcast (thescotthortonshow): Play in new window | Download