Scott talks to Phil Weiss about Israel-Palestine in light of the violence of the last few days. Weiss begins by pointing out that Human Rights Watch has finally declared Israel to be a single apartheid state. In other words, the two-state solution is dead, and the supposed Palestinian territories are really just occupied Israeli lands. Other human rights groups have echoed this same sentiment. The growing acknowledgement of this fact has helped to fuel recent tensions and violence, says Weiss, but more importantly, it’s helping to increase awareness of the plight of the Palestinians. With the promise of the two-state solution all but shattered at this point, millions of well-meaning but essentially disinterested people around the world may start to side with the Palestinians and finally support their claim to equal rights.
Discussed on the show:
- “The lies and conspiracy theories from neocon ‘crazies’ that fueled Iraq war are subject of new history” (Mondoweiss)
- “Israeli Authorities and the Crimes of Apartheid and Persecution” (Human Rights Watch)
- Oslo Accords
- “Opinion | Palestinian Refugees Deserve to Return Home. Jews Should Understand.” (The New York Times)
- Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy
- “Help, We Can’t Stop Writing About Andrew Yang” (The New York Times)
- What Price Israel?
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.