Scott talks to Dave DeCamp about some of the latest stories at antiwar.com. Recently, says DeCamp, it’s been reported that Iran was urging Iraqi militias not to retaliate against the U.S., after they’d been the target of airstrikes by the Biden administration. Needless to say, this doesn’t exactly comport with the mainstream narrative about Iran, and you won’t see stories like this widely covered. Dave and Scott go on to discuss a rumored American withdrawal from Iraq and wrap up with an update on the negotiations between the U.S. and Iran surrounding a reinstatement of the nuclear deal.
Discussed on the show:
- “Iraqi Militias Defy Iran By Attacking US Forces” (Antiwar.com)
- “Keeping up attacks, some Iraq militias challenge patron Iran” (Associated Press)
- “Iraq Says U.S. Discusses Troop Withdrawal, Biden Administration Denies” (Newsweek)
- “US Denies Troop Withdrawal Was Discussed in Iraq” (Antiwar.com)
- “Iran Not Ready to Resume Nuclear Talks Until New President Takes Office” (Antiwar.com)
Dave DeCamp is the assistant news editor of Antiwar.com. Follow him on Twitter @decampdave.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee; Zippix Toothpicks and Listen and Think Audio.