Arnold Isaacs talks “Islamophobia”, and whether the alarmists who claim Muslim operatives are scheming to take over the country have legitimate cause for concern. He explains that most of this talk is nothing more than conspiracy, and that Muslim activists generally conduct their advocacy in the open. Not to mention that for the most part they are strong proponents of personal freedoms—in fact, the real extremists know better than to agitate for Sharia Law, because that could out them as such. So why is so-called “Islamophobia” (a dubious term) so widespread?
Discussed on the show:
- “American Islamophobia’s Fake Facts” (Antiwar.com)
- “The Muslim Brotherhood’s Strategic Plan For America” (Clarion Project)
- “Advocates of Anti-Shariah Measures Alarmed by Judge’s Ruling” (Fox)
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development
- Foreign Terrorist Organizations List
- Devil’s Game: How the United States Helped Unleash Fundamentalist Islam
- Grover Norquist
- Frank Gaffney
- Pamela Geller
- The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI’s Manufactured War on Terrorism
Arnold Isaacs is a writer, educator, and the author of From Troubled Lands: Listening to Pakistani Americans and Afghan Americans in post 9/11 America. His website is ArnoldIsaacs.net, and you can read his work at antiwar.com and tomdispatch.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; LibertyStickers.com; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.