Ben Freeman is back to talk about who’s really influencing United States foreign policy. Freeman recently wrote a paper about the Taiwan lobby. He talks to Scott about how this Taiwan lobby was involved in making the recent Pelosi trip happen. Scott and Freeman talk about how we find ourselves in a situation where foreign governments have more influence on America’s policies than the American people and American business too.
Discussed on the show:
- “The Taiwan Lobby” (Center for International Policy)
- “How the Taiwan lobby helped pave the way for Pelosi’s trip” (Responsible Statecraft)
- “Bipartisan ‘Fighting Foreign Influence Act’ targets think tank funding” (Responsible Statecraft)
- “The well-traveled road from member of Congress to foreign agent” (Responsible Statecraft)
- “Feds accuse Brookings president Gen. Allen of illegally lobbying for Qatar” (Responsible Statecraft)
Ben Freeman is a Research Fellow at the Quincy Institute. He previously served as Director of the Foreign Influence Transparency Initiative with the Center for International Policy. Read his work at Antiwar.com and Responsible Statecraft. Follow him on Twitter @BenFreemanDC.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and Thc Hemp Spot.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.