- A senior US official claims that Russia knew about Assad using chemical weapons in Syria before the attack happened. McMaster also made retold this claim on Fox News. The administration still has not released evidence that Assad carried out the chemical weapons attack. [Link]
- Tillerson says that the US will attack anyone who “commits crimes against the innocents anywhere around the world.” [Link]
- Sean Spicer suggests that Trump could carry out more attacks against Assad for using barrel bombs. [Link]
- Alabama’s Governor resigns after it was revealed that he slept with a campaign aid and used campaign funds to cover it up. [Link]
- Tillerson will not meet with Putin on his trip to Russia. [Link]
- Jihadists are spreading through North and West Africa. [Link]
- US troops in Syria are receiving more protection after Trump’s attack against Assad. The US has also cut back the number of airstrikes against ISIS since the attack. [Link]
On Foreign Policy Focus #25, I update listeners on stories from Syria since Trump’s attack. I go over who support and who opposes Trump’s attack. I also update listeners on Yemen, Afghanistan, and the Trump Administration. LISTEN HERE!!