Grant Smith, director of the Institute for Research Middle Eastern Policy returns to the show to discuss his latest article for Antiwar.com “Poll: Americans Would Cut Middle East War Spending.” Smith promotes the IRMEP’s upcoming 2018 conference and explains why he believes the organized Israel lobbying groups are, contrary to their claims, unrepresentative of American Jewish communities. Scott and Smith then discuss whether Israel needs the United States’ continual aid and why noninterventionism is the best policy. Smith then explains why the Saudis don’t need a considerable lobby like AIPAC to ensure their goals are met. Finally Smith addresses the free speech threats of the latest domestic pro-Israel policies.
Grant F. Smith is the author of a number of books including “Big Israel: How Israel’s Lobby Moves America” and “Divert!”. He is director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C.
Discussed on the show:
- The Israel Lobby And American Policy 2018
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
- Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)
- “US Jews maintain strong support of Iran deal — J Street poll” (Times of Israel)
- Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS)
- “A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm“
- “AIPAC Still Our Biggest Foreign Agent,” by Grant Smith (Antiwar.com)
- Foreign Agents Registration Act
- M.J. Rosenberg
- “Poll: Americans Would Cut Middle East War Spending,” by Grant Smith (Antiwar.com)
- Costs of War (Brown University)
- Shibley Telhami
- Christians United for Israel
- John Hagee
- Barak Ravid thread
- “Judge To Dismiss Jewish Students’ Lawsuit Against SFSU” (CBS SF Bay Area)
- “Proposed ‘Anti-Semitism Awareness Act’ is an Unconstitutional Mess” (Reason)
- “How the Israel Anti-Boycott Act Threatens First Amendment Rights” (ACLU)
- Israel Lobby and American Policy
Today’s show is sponsored by: NoDev, NoOps, NotIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; 3tediting.com; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and Darrin’s Coffee.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.