Gareth Porter comes on the show to promote his new book, The CIA Insider’s Guide to the Iran Crisis: From CIA Coup to the Brink of War, cowritten with John Kiriakou. Porter and Scott recap the entire modern history of U.S. relations with Iran, focusing on the inflated threat of their nuclear program.
Discussed on the show:
- The CIA Insider’s Guide to the Iran Crisis: From CIA Coup to the Brink of War
- Devil’s Game
- 1953 Iranian coup d’état
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- Iran-Contra Affair
- “When the Ayatollah Said No to Nukes” (Foreign Policy)
- Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States
- “The Clinton Administration’s Approach to the Middle East” (The Washington Institute for Near East Policy)
- The U.S. invades Panama
- “The Mysterious Laptop Documents: “Evidence” of Iran Nuclear Weapons Program May Be Fraudulent – Global ResearchGlobal Research” (Centre for Research on Globalization)
- Operation Merlin
- “Burnt Offering” (The American Prospect)
Gareth Porter is an investigative historian and journalist on the national security state, and author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. Follow him on Twitter @GarethPorter and listen to Gareth’s previous appearances on the Scott Horton Show.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.