Ray McGovern, co-founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, comes back on the show to talk about “Russia-gate”, Wikileaks, and President Trump’s efforts at diplomacy. McGovern outlines how the military-industrial complex—which he lumps in with congress and the mainstream media as well—have too much money at stake for them to support world peace. So even though public support seems to be on the side of Trump meeting with Kim and Putin, the media consistently criticize him for it. In another example, Putin recently announced Russia’s possession of supersonic missiles capable of bypassing today’s detection systems. These weapons have been in development for years, and yet we’ve never heard anything about them until now. McGovern wonders how this can be. It’s not possible, he says, that the intelligence community and the journalists who cover them didn’t know about these weapons—therefore, they must have been keeping quiet on purpose to protect the arms manufacturers that make the now-obsolete anti-missile systems. Finally, McGovern discusses his recent article “Did Sen. Warner and Comey ‘Collude’ on Russia-gate?“, which outlines how Assange tried to use “Vault 7” DNC emails to negotiate immunity for himself before James Comey got wind of the deal and put the brakes on. The reason? Assange’s emails revealed an NSA tool that allows totally anonymous hacking of anyone’s computer, and includes the ability to leave behind fake clues to frame someone else—including, for example, the Russians specifically.
Discussed on the show:
- “Trimming military exercises in Europe would get support” (Washington Post)
- “Did Sen. Warner and Comey ‘Collude’ on Russia-gate?” (Consortium News)
- “A Leak or a Hack? A Forum on the VIPS Memo” (The Nation)
- Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
- “Trump’s ‘grand bargain’ with Russia is an illusion” (Washington Post)
- Operation Anaconda
- “The Quiet Americans Behind the U.S.-Russia Imbroglio” (New York Times)
- “This Leaked Diplomatic Cable From 2008 Foreshadowed Russia’s Invasion Of Ukraine” (Business Insider)
- “Protecting the Shaky Russia-gate Narrative” (Consortium News)
- “Israel Backs Limited Strike Against Syria” (New York Times)
Ray McGovern is the co-creator of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity and the former chief of the CIA’s Soviet analysts division. Read all of his work at his website: raymcgovern.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; LibertyStickers.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
Podcast (thescotthortonshow): Play in new window | Download