The great Ray McGovern talks about the real dangers behind the phony Russia collusion probe, namely the near-impossibility of detente with Russia thanks to the democrats’ insistence that any of President Trump’s inclinations in that direction must be based on his being a traitor to America. Scott and McGovern both think the premise is ridiculous, of course, but more importantly it increases the risks of a global nuclear war. McGovern says he would be perfectly fine impeaching Trump, but not for Russiagate nonsense—the real crimes Donald Trump is guilty of involve continuing illegal wars that Barack Obama started. But in order to indict Trump for these war crimes, democrats would have to lay the same blame on Obama, which they will never do.
Discussed on the show:
- “RAY McGOVERN: DNI Nominee Intent on Getting to Bottom of Russiagate” (Consortium News)
- A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
- “Matt Taibbi on Russiagate: Press Will Learn Nothing From This Fiasco” (Rolling Stone)
- Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
- “7/17/19 Lyle J. Goldstein on the Consequences of War with Russia” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “The Scott Horton Show Archives” (The Libertarian Institute)
Ray McGovern is the co-creator of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity and the former chief of the CIA’s Soviet analysts division. Read all of his work at his website: raymcgovern.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1KGye7S3pk7XXJT6TzrbFephGDbdhYznTa.
Podcast (thescotthortonshow): Play in new window | Download