Kevin Gosztola is back on the show to discuss a recent Yahoo! News article about Assange that went viral. Gosztola thinks the piece contains some good reporting but leans too much on a flawed Russiagate framing. Scott and Gosztola discuss the semantic war our government is waging with attempts to redefine certain journalists as “information brokers” and “non-state hostile intelligence agents.” Gosztola also gives an update on Assange’s situation as his next hearing approaches next month.
Discussed on the show:
- “Kidnapping, assassination and a London shoot-out: Inside the CIA’s secret war plans against WikiLeaks” (Yahoo! News)
- “The CIA’s War On WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange” (Medium)
- In Defense of Jullian Assange — OR Books
- Top Secret America at the Washington Post
- “UN expert says “collective persecution” of Julian Assange must end now” (ohchr.org)
Kevin Gosztola is managing editor of Shadowproof. He also produces and co-hosts the weekly podcast, “Unauthorized Disclosure.” Follow him on Twitter @kgosztola.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Dröm; Free Range Feeder; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.
Podcast (thescotthortonshow): Play in new window | Download